Mr. Kaufman began his career with a national products liability defense firm that focused on the defense and representation of automobile companies. After a few years, Mr. Kaufman moved to the Los Angeles office of a preeminent international law firm, where he was elevated to partner in 2012. Mr. Kaufman regularly spoke at seminars and gave presentation to the automotive, trucking and motorcycle industries on the proper handling of lemon law claims. He launched Lemon Law Aid as a consumer protection firm in 2016 when he realized he could do more good and better benefit consumers by directly representing them.
Mr. Kaufman has handled thousands of lemon law cases, has been involved in dozens of jury trials and arbitrations, and has participated in the mediations of hundreds of matters. While a fast resolution of your lemon law claim is always the goal, if trial is needed Mr. Kaufman has the skill set and knowledge needed to effectively represent consumers at every stage of a lemon law claim.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Washington and Lee University, J.D.
- Institute on International and Comparative Law in Paris, France
- Caseworker with the Black Lung Clinic
Pennsylvania State University, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa
- Named as a Rising Star in Southern California Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017)
- Top Attorney, Pasadena Magazine (2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015)
- State Bar of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- International Association of Lemon Law Administrators
PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTATIONS
- Presenter, “The Statute of Limitations and Older Vehicles: Defending Against the Latest Trend in Lemon Law Litigation,” 2014 LLDCA Lemon Law Seminar.
- Author, “Mediation – Past is Prologue,” DRI Today, 2014.
- Presenter, “Mediation 101: I Wish I Knew Then What I Know Now,” DRI’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee Webcast, 2013.
- Co-author, “What China’s Lemon Law Will Mean For Manufacturers,” Law360, 2013.
- Presenter, “Common Offset Issues in Buy Back or Replacement Transactions,” 2013 LLDCA Lemon Law Seminar.
- Presenter, “Pre-Litigation Management of Customer Claims,” 2012 LLDCA Lemon Law Seminar.
- Presenter, “Dealer Training – Avoiding the Bus,” 2011 LLDCA Lemon Law Seminar.
- Presenter, “Improving the Dealer’s Role,” 2010 LLDCA Lemon Law Seminar.
- Co-author, “Hybrid Suits Run Out of Gas,” San Francisco Daily Journal, 2009.